|Plot||Oscar pretends to be a pirate.|
|Air date||February 3, 1975|
|Season||Season 6 (1974-1975)|
|Sponsors||B, Y, 12|
- Big Bird is feeding cabbage to Mr. Snuffleupagus, but he runs out. When he goes to Susan and Gordon for more cabbage, they tell him that he can't feed an imaginary friend. Big Bird wonders if Snuffleupagus really is imaginary.
- Big Bird decides the adults are right and Snuffy is imaginary. They decide to part ways and share one last goodbye hug. Big Bird notices his feathers getting wet from Snuffy's tear, meaning he's real after all!
- Count von Count: The Count extinguishes electric candles by counting them with his finger. As he heads up the stairs for bed, he steps on Fatatita. He also tells his wolf Yuba to run and play with his friends. (EKA: Episode 0685)
- As Gordon watches the Kids play, he muses about having a child of his own and sings "A Kid Like You".
- Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School: Roosevelt Franklin talks about pride in a story about a duck who had "bad luck to be born a duck." (EKA: Episode 0592)
- Kermit's Lectures: Bob holds an American bullfrog and asks Kermit to talk about frogs. However, due to living a somewhat different life than normal frogs, what Kermit says about frogs is somewhat incorrect; for example, Kermit believes that frogs eat fried chicken and pizza, and live in apartment houses. (First: Episode 0277)
- Oscar, who thinks he's a pirate, has built a long plank running out from the middle of his trash can, but Maria, Gordon and Susan protest that the plank is dangerous to passersby.
- Oscar the Pirate is looking for a first victim to walk the plank, so he can fall into the ocean and be eaten by sharks. The Count is the first to walk the plank, but he ends up counting his steps.
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie wants to have some cookies. Bert asks Ernie if he knows what "before" means, and Ernie demonstrates by saying that before he can have a cookie, he has to open the lid to a cookie jar, and after he closes the lid, he eats the cookie. He demonstrates a few times, until he loses his appetite for dinner. (First: Episode 0007)
- Sesame Street Animal Films: Lobster and Crab
- Film: A man makes a shadow puppet of a parrot.
- Ernie and Bert: Bert tells Ernie to put away his toys, and Ernie devises a system of arranging toys. Unfortunately, all the categories he names only apply to his toy fire engine. (First: Episode 0281)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0730||Episode 0732|