|Plot||The Muppets express themselves using pencils.|
|Air date||January 17, 1975|
|Season||Season 6 (1974-1975)|
|Sponsors||E, Z, 12|
- Big Bird introduces the pencil as a marvel of the 20th century.
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie imagines what life would be like if he and Bert had their characteristics switched around.
- Bert: Bert sits outside on the Street, pretending to fly a helicopter. Maria sits down with him, and the segment becomes animated as they fly through the air before returning to the Street.
- Waiter Grover opens a menu and shows Mr. Johnson a large picture of the special sandwich, which comes with potato chips on the side, a pickle on the top, and olive stuck in with a toothpick. When the sandwich arrives, Mr. Johnson complains that it doesn't match the picture on the menu -- it doesn't have potato chips, a pickle or an olive. (EKA: Episode 0332)
- Herry has written a song using a pencil that Big Bird has given him. The song is called "I Can't Help It."
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie has a question, but Bert is reading the newspaper. Ernie hums and talks to Rubber Duckie until Bert gives up reading the paper in exasperation. Then Ernie can ask his question: Can he borrow the newspaper? (First: Episode 0042)
- Biff has written a poem about tools with his pencil.
- Oscar asks Luis if he can borrow his pencil, at least the eraser part of it. Oscar shows Luis (to his amusement) the different things he can do with the eraser. He erases a newspaper ---eliminating all the good news, and keeping the bad news intact--- and then the numbers off of an alarm clock, to which Luis asks Oscar how he's going to be able to tell time now; Oscar explains that that's the point. Oscar then shows Luis the Grouch alphabet, which consists of no letters, as he's erased them all. Eventually, as Oscar carries on, he ends up erasing himself and Luis off the screen.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0719||Episode 0721|