|Plot||Sam the Machine tries to act like a grandmother.|
|Air date||November 7, 1974|
|Season||Season 6 (1974-1975)|
- Big Bird misses his grandmother, so Sam the Machine tries to cheer him up by playing his grandmother. It doesn't work out. Sam practices his grandmothering skills with Oscar, and then with Maria, but he makes the same mistakes. Finally, a lonely vacuum cleaner asks Sam to pretend to be its grandmother.
- The Count uses beans in jars to sort by quantity.
- Grover the Assistant: The Amazing Mumford begins his magic subtraction trick with four pineapples, and makes them disappear one at a time. Then Grover makes Mumford disappear. (EKA: Episode 0280)
- Sesame Street News Flash: The story of Jack and Jill is used to reinforce the concept of "up" and "down".
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie keeps taking glasses of water outside the apartment. Bert thinks of possible uses Ernie could have for this water. As it turns out, the kitchen faucet is broken, and Ernie's trying to get rid of the water before the apartment floods.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0668||Episode 0670|