|Plot||David is too sleepy to take care of Hooper's Store.|
|Air date||November 5, 1974|
|Season||Season 6 (1974-1975)|
- David shows up to take care of Hooper's Store, but he can't stay awake because he had little sleep the night before. Big Bird tries all kinds of gimmicks to keep him awake.
- Caveman Days: King Ernie has a problem -- the cavemen write everything on rocks, which are too heavy to carry around. He calls upon the Royal Smart Person to invent something lighter to write on. (This sketch was adapted into a book, The Invention of Paper.) (EKA: Episode 0598)
- Maria tells David to take a nap while she and Big Bird take care of Mr. Hooper's store, but David can't sleep because Big Bird won't let him. Trying to help, he starts to make a lot of noise.
- Trying to stay awake, David decides to play a sorting game using a pillow, a blanket, a bed, a sheet, and a teddy bear.
- Oscar thinks that it's his chance to be rotten by blowing a trumpet when David looks nice and peaceful. To Oscar's surprise, David is very grateful.
- Ernie and Bert Songs: Bert sings the theme song of "The National Association of "W" Lovers". (First: Episode 0366)
- Mr. Hooper hears from Maria that David hasn't had any sleep the night before, and comes up with an idea to solve the problem.
- Bob and Maria are spies who meet under a street lamp, and sing "One of These Things". (EKA: Episode 0592)
- Ernie & Bert — Ernie answers the telephone. Bert overhears the conversation, which involves a baseball game, a rainy day, and a gorilla stealing a baloney sandwich. When Bert asks who just called, Ernie says it was a wrong number. (First: Episode 0305)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0666||Episode 0668|