|Plot||Cookie Monster hits his head, and loses his memory.|
|Air date||February 22, 1972|
|Season||Season 3 (1971-1972)|
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie decorates the apartment, and explains to Bert that all the preparation is for a special visitor -- the viewer.
- While walking down the stairs outside 123 Sesame Street, Cookie Monster slips on a rollerskate, and falls and hits his head. David and Maria come to his aid only to discover that Cookie Monster has lost his memory. He doesn't know who he is, and can't recognize his friends.
- Cookie Monster doesn't know who he is. After meeting Big Bird, he thinks that he may be a furry bluebird. But after trying to eat a dish of birdseed and not liking it, he decides that he's definitely not a bird.
- Cookie Monster wonders if he's a mailbox. Like the mailbox, he's blue, and he has an opening in front. But his attention is drawn to the fact that a mailbox is made of metal, not fur, and that a mailbox isn't alive. Cookie Monster agrees that he's not a mailbox.
- Cookie Monster states that he's not a Grouch, not a Bird, and not a mailbox. Maria tells him that he's a very nice monster, and asks him to play a game with her. She takes out three large cookies and one small cookie, and sings "One of These Things". After classifying the cookies by size, Maria convinces Cookie Monster to eat one. But even the taste of the cookie doesn't bring his memory back.
- Ernie and Bert: Bert tells Ernie not to eat cookies in bed, because he might get crumbs in the bed. Ernie decides to eat cookies in Bert's bed instead. (EKA: Episode 0322)
- Cookie Monster slips on a rollerskate on the steps again, and hits his head. His memory returns as he dives into a plate of cookies.
- David puts two balls in a box marked "2". He puts three blocks in a box marked "3". He puts four tin cans in a box marked "4".
- Big Bird recites his snake poem, introducing a film insert about snakes.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0351||Episode 0353|