|Plot||Mr. Snuffleupagus wants to surprise Big Bird.|
|Air date||February 11, 1972|
|Season||Season 3 (1971-1972)|
- Mr. Snuffleupagus makes a clumsy attempt to sneak up on and surprise Big Bird; his friend isn't a bit surprised. Snuffleupagus is disappointed. Big Bird suggests a way he can really surprise a lot of people: he runs to bring Tom, Gordon, David and Susan to finally see his elusive friend. But Mr. Snuffleupagus hides before they arrive, and only comes out to surprise Big Bird alone after they've left -- still not believing in his existence.
- Big Bird explains to Susan that his idea of babysitting is actually sitting on the baby. He then reveals that he's sitting on a large egg, his sister's baby.
- Tom sings "Five Fingers on My Left Hand".
- Ernie and Bert Sketches: Apartment: Bert has a present for his Aunt Matilda, but Ernie thinks that the present is for him, so he unwraps it. (EKA: Episode 0165)
- Big Bird goes into Hooper's Store and sees a sign. Erroneously reading it backwards, he orders an ADOS MAERC ECI. Tom explains that you always read from left to right, and that the sign says ICE CREAM SODA.
- Bill Cosby with a surprise.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0344||Episode 0346|