|Plot||Everyone on Sesame Street gets vaccinated for measles.|
|Air date||February 16, 1972|
|Season||Season 3 (1971-1972)|
- The City Vaccination Clinic comes to Sesame Street and turns a store into a Measles Vaccination Clinic. Susan is the nurse who aids the doctor in giving people shots so they won't catch the measles. A sign over the door and promotional free balloons carry the slogan: "DON'T WAIT -- VACCINATE."
- Speaking in Spanish, Luis helps Antonio overcome his fear of getting a measles shot; after all, it only hurts for a few seconds. Both Luis and Antonio are given their injections. The doctor gives Antonio a balloon as a present, and Luis and Antonio leave, feeling happy that they won't catch the measles.
- Mr. Snuffleupagus wants a balloon from the Measles Vaccination Clinic -- but he doesn't need a vaccination since he got a shot just last week. He decides to go to the clinic and simply ask the doctor for a balloon. Upon request, the doctor doesn't look, and goes to give out the balloon. Unable to believe her eyes, the doctor tells no one what she's seen; she decides to go home for a nice, long rest.
- Kermit's Lectures: Kermit talks about the letter W, which Cookie Monster attempts to eat. (First: Episode 0001)
- Gordon claps his hands in time to the music.
- Grover, Big Jeffy and a Lavender Anything Muppet woman have fun scatting and hand clapping. (EKA: Episode 0294)
- Luis demonstrates how his pet dog Manolo will obey the command to sit -- but Manolo only understands Spanish.
- The drama of the poor little milkmaid is performed. A Muppet milkmaid brings her cow (Bert) to a grassy field, where he can eat the grass he needs to give milk. But the villain owner of the field (Oscar) threatens to shovel up all the grass. At last, the hero (Ernie) arrives to buy the field with a rusty tin can.
- In the park, Harvey Kneeslapper comes up behind a man, asks him, "Wanna see something funny?" and then holds a mirror up. The man sees nothing funny... until he looks at Harvey!
- Cartoon: What if a mouse and an elephant switched bodies?
- Susan sings the Selection Song.
- Luis shows and counts 3 fingers.
- Cartoon: I Thought a Thought -- Circle. A man thinks of round objects, including a can. The man points out that the can isn't round, but an elephant stomps it into a flat shape.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0342||Episode 0344|