|Plot||Big Bird imagines an upside-down Sesame Street.|
|Air date||February 10, 1972|
|Season||Season 3 (1971-1972)|
- Big Bird is walking down Sesame Street and notices a chair... upside-down. He rushes to tell Tom, who explains that he's painting the chair, and that is why it's upside down. In a daydream, Big Bird visits an upside down Sesame Street. Kids ride bicycles, Tom waters a tree, all upside down. When Big Bird asks for some birdseed, he's afraid of the reversed birdseed bag spilling out. When Tom turns the bag around, the seed falls up! Big Bird decides he doesn't like a topsy-turvy Sesame Street, and the daydream dissolves. Big Bird tells Tom what he just imagined, saying that he likes Sesame Street just the way it is. Tom agrees.
- Oscar the Grouch is annoyed -- his radio is broken, and he won't be able to hear his favorite show, Greta Grouch's Grumble Hour. Gordon and a kid enter, and offer their assistance. The kid suggests that the radio isn't plugged in. Gordon holds up a disconnected cord -- but when he plugs it in, the radio still doesn't work. The kid suggests that the set isn't turned on. Even when turned on, the set still refuses to play. Gordon notices a disconnected wire in the back of the set, and with a few turns of a screwdriver, the set begins to play beautiful music. Oscar still isn't satisfied -- and with a few pokes of the screwdriver, Oscar manages to make the radio emit nothing but static and noise. Now the radio is exactly as Oscar likes it!
- Oscar has a problem: He wants matching presents for his twin nephews, Floyd and Lloyd. He was able to buy one shirt, and now has to find another one just like it. Gordon stops by, and Oscar explains his problem, asking Gordon if he has any shirts that look like the one he purchased. Gordon holds up one shirt after another, but can't find one to match Oscar's. Oscar's shirt is torn, ripped and stained. Finally, Gordon holds up a plain, worn workshirt. Delighted, Oscar takes the old shirt down into his trash can, and with the help of a little mud and ripping, manages to create a shirt identical to the one he already has.
- Susan sorts and classifies shapes.
- Cartoon: A man talks about the letter J with a jack-in-the-box, whose lid ends up crushing him. (First: Episode 0071)
- The kids find hidden objects in Susan's picture.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0338||Episode 0340|