|Plot||Luis fixes items "the Grouchy way" at the Fix-It Shop.|
|Air date||January 31, 1972|
|Season||Season 3 (1971-1972)|
- Oscar comes to the Fix-It Shop with a bathtub boat and a tin measuring cup with a broken handle. He asks Luis to fix the boat the grouchy way: rub dirt in it, bang it around, and scribble on it with a crayon. Oscar is pleased with the ratty results. But after Luis knocks around the tin measuring cup in the same way, Oscar explains that it belongs to Molly, who wanted it fixed the "normal" way.
- David (who just finished reading a book), a kid (who has just finished a jigsaw puzzle) and Tom (who has a basketball, but must remain in Hooper's Store) each exchange what they have for something that they'd like to have.
- Ernie and Bert: Bert goes out to mail a letter, and depends on Ernie to let him in when he knocks, but instead of letting Bert in, Ernie repeats Bert's knocks on the drums. (EKA: Episode 0280)
- Grover the Assistant: Grover and Herbert Birdsfoot count to twenty. (EKA: Episode 0235)
- Luis is in the Fix-It Shop working on a little boy doll. He goes to Hooper's and tells Tom that he needs a hat. Tom presents a man's hat, and Luis explains that he needs a smaller hat. When Tom presents another hat, Luis explains that he needs the smallest hat in the store. Tom presents it to him, and Luis puts it on the doll.
- Kermit and Grover build a snowman. The snowball head is big, the next snowball is even bigger, and the one on the bottom is biggest.
- Roosevelt Franklin shows that he knows the "Days of the Week". (First: Episode 0072)
- With the entire dialogue in Spanish, Luis explains to a kid that he'd like some help putting his tools away in his toolbox. He explains that anything that's not a tool (a pencil, table knife and shoehorn) should be left out.
- Looking for his bag of birdseed, Big Bird logically realizes that the garbage man didn't take it, and that some hungry person didn't eat it. Finally, Molly comes along and tells him that she put it in his nest.
- Muppet & Kid Moments: Kermit and Tracy recite the alphabet. (First: Episode 0120)
- Because the plants have already been watered, Tom explains why he won't water them again until tomorrow: although people and plants both need water, too much of it is bad.
- Herbert Birdsfoot's Hopping Poem. (EKA: Episode 0271)
- Cartoon: A giant named Harold asks his tiny friend Howard to list several "H" words after he gives Howard a large lower-case "H". (EKA: Episode 0310)
- Speech Balloon: H -- Hole. A boy gets a pie in the face when he looks out of his speech balloon. (First: Episode 0080)
- Cartoon: A woman explains the letter H and its use in "horseshoe", when a horse comes to reclaim his shoe and starts tickling the woman. (First: Episode 0020)
- The cast makes rhymes for "all."
- Hubley animation: A penguin repeats the rhythms of the sounds it hears, which include a drum, a door knock, a saw and a typewriter.
- Molly and her friend show 7 legs.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0335||Episode 0337|