|Plot||Big Bird takes a picture of Snuffleupagus to prove that his friend exists.|
|Air date||January 12, 1972|
|Season||Season 3 (1971-1972)|
- David holds a large cut-out letter U in his right hand and a large cut-out letter P in his left hand. When he puts them together, they spell the word "UP".
- A salesman from the Grouchy Greeting Card Company reads some grouchy rhymes to Oscar.
- Wally and Ralph attempt to unroll a rug, but a chair in the middle of the room presents a problem.
- Pat Paulsen counting.
- The Busby Twins, who are so close that they share everything, including talking, divide up the word can - dle. (EKA: Episode 0278)
- Big Bird takes a picture of Mr. Snuffleupagus. He's sure that the photograph will prove the existence of his friend to Gordon, Susan and David -- but the only thing they see in the picture is an old rug and a furry piece of rope.
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie listens to various sounds and tells Bert that he can't answer the phone in order to listen.
- While Gordon prunes a tree, he explains that some branches have to be cut off because they hurt the rest of the tree. The remaining branches now have more room for the sun and can get more tree food (or sap) and rain.
- As they watch a football game, Tom is happy and Gordon is sad when the Blue team gets the ball; but Gordon is happy and Tom is sad when the Red team gets the ball. They are both sad when it begins to rain.
- Susan sings the Same/Different song.
- Cookie Monster and Ernie: Ernie and Cookie Monster discuss hope. Ernie has something in a brown paper bag, and asks Cookie Monster what he hopes it is. Cookie Monster hopes that it is a cookie. It turns out that Ernie has ten cookies in the bag. (EKA: Episode 0233)
- Members of the cast demonstrate that U is for Under, Unlock and Unwrap.
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie approaches Bert in a harried manner, talking rapidly. Bert tells him to talk slower so he can understand him. Ernie says, slowly, that Bert's bread is burning in the oven, which causes Bert to speak in the same rapid, harried manner. (EKA: Episode 0288)
- Cartoon: Letter U salesman
- George the Farmer demonstrates "fast" and "slow" by going back and forth on a fence, and in a rocking chair.
- Song: Joe Raposo asks the musical question, "Which Comes First, the Chicken or the Egg?" (EKA: Episode 0276)
- The hammer and eggbeater are little inventions that save a lot of work.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0322||Episode 0324|