|Plot||Gordon puts up a neighborhood bulletin board.|
|Air date||January 7, 1972|
|Season||Season 3 (1971-1972)|
- With Tom's permission, Gordon puts up the first Sesame Street Neighborhood Bulletin Board in front of the store. Big Bird wants to hang up his "USED BIRD BATH FOR SALE" sign. But he erroneously reads it backwards; Tom explains that we read from left to right.
- Film: 'Do You Know What Backwards Means?' - A very busy man is asked by a voice what 'forwards' and 'backwards' means, but the man doesn't have time to listen. Instead, he is shown what 'backwards' means by watching everything around him go in reverse motion!
- "R" - Ribbon
- Ernie demonstrates the sound of the letter "R."
- Cartoon: A man (voiced by Casey Kasem) explains the letter R with a radio. Once he starts singing, the radio decides to turn him off by tweaking his nose. (First: Episode 0011)
- Little Bird plays an imagination game -- imagining Luis as a pirate, Susan as an astronaut and Tom as a king. But it's hard to imagine Oscar being very nice.
- Luis sings the Sorting Song in English and Spanish, and sorts by size.
- Alphabet Bates writes the letter R.
- Kermit's Lectures: Kermit counts four eggs. A chick hatches out of one egg, so he counts the three eggs -- then two, then one. Then he counts the four chickens. (EKA: Episode 0300)
- Susan claps various rhythms out for various members of the Grand Grouch Grumble and Groan Marching Society Band to copy.
- Alice Braithwaite Goodyshoes explains forward and backward.
- Big Bird asks Gordon if he knows any R words.
- Tom gives us a series of surprises: first he wears a fake mustache, then he wears a beard; then he speaks with Susan's voice; and finally he is his natural self.
- Ernie and Bert: Bert goes out to mail a letter, and depends on Ernie to let him in when he knocks, but instead of letting Bert in, Ernie repeats Bert's knocks on the drums. (First: Episode 0280)
- Maria, in a track suit acting as a great subtraction star, takes one chair away from three chairs.
- Grover Sketches: Grover demonstrates the letter R, which rocks, rolls and runs at Grover's command. It even fires away at "rocket," to which a surprised Grover says "That's ridiculous!"
- Big Bird thinks of another R word: Remember.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0314||Episode 0316|