|Plot||Big Bird learns that people have supper and go to bed at about the same time.|
|Air date||January 5, 1972|
|Season||Season 3 (1971-1972)|
- It's late afternoon. Kids are going home for supper as Mr. Hooper is taking the tablecloth off his cafe table. While waiting to buy some groceries, Bob shows us the letter of the day, the letter J.
- Big Bird decides it's a good time to visit some of his friends, but everyone he meets is busy going home for dinner. Mr. Hooper has just enough time to explain why everyone eats dinner at the same time before he goes home to prepare his own supper. Big Bird is hungry himself and returns to his nest for a bowl of birdseed.
- Cartoon: A man has a "J" under his hat, and lists the various names and things that start with the letter "J" to another man. (EKA: Episode 0231)
- Big Bird is busy having dinner, when Mr. Snuffleupagus appears. He's hungry too, but declines Big Bird's offer of birdseed. Big Bird and his friend search the neighborhood for something to eat, and finally wind up at Hooper's Store. To Big Bird's shock, Snuffleupagus finishes off an entire jar of candy for his dinner, and then informs Big Bird that he is going home for dessert. Bob and Mr. Hooper appear, and again, Big Bird is unable to prove the existence of the elusive Snuffleupagus.
- David sings the Classification Song with the kids, using a cob of corn, a shoe, a peach, a lamb chop, and an egg. The kids guess that the shoe does not belong.
- Maria sings another round of the Classification Song. This time she uses a cob of corn, a shoe, a hat, a glove, and a shirt.
- It's evening now. One kid is upset because his mom has called him in to go to bed. Bob explains to the kid the importance of sleep. The kid decides that an early bedtime isn't so bad after all.
- In the dark, Maria accidentally throws a bag of garbage into Oscar's trash can. To avoid further accidents, Oscar decides to move his trash can to a safer place, under a street light. He prepares for a good night's sleep, only to be continually disturbed by Bob, David and assorted kids. Oscar gives up all hope of sleep when Maria accidentally throws a candy wrapper into his trash can. Streetlights attract people, and if there's one thing Oscar can do without, it's people!
- Bob counts to six by blowing out six candles.
- With stars and moonlight as a setting, Maria recites some poems in Spanish, and translates. Maria and the kids agree that poetry and a starry sky go very well together.
- Everyone on Sesame Street is going home to bed. Big Bird decides that, like having supper, going to bed is something else that just about everybody does at about the same time every day.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0312||Episode 0314|