|Plot||Oscar decides to move away from Sesame Street.|
|Air date||December 28, 1971|
|Season||Season 3 (1971-1972)|
- Oscar says that he's moving away from Sesame Street because everyone is always laughing and playing. Gordon, Bob and Maria whisper a plan to keep him. They spread paper and trash around his can, play ancient scratchy music on the radio, and act mean to each other. Oscar is so pleased that he decides not to move away.
- Cartoon: A man carrying a large "O" in a wheelbarrow recites an "O" limerick with the help of a smaller man. (EKA: Episode 0198)
- It's time to play "What Happens Next?" Tom is carrying a big load of groceries and can't see too well in front of him. He's about to step on a roller skate. What do you think will happen next?
- How to keep warm when it's cold: Big Bird moves close to a radiator; Tom wears a heavy coat, hat, muffler and gloves.
- Maria sings two verses of the Sorting Song (one in Spanish) as she sorts various articles by function.
- Cookie Monster and Ernie: Ernie has four apples, and wants to draw the number 4 to represent that quantity. Cookie Monster comes along and wants to eat an apple, so Ernie crosses out the 4 and draws a 3, but then Cookie Monster decides not to eat the apple, so Ernie crosses out the 3 again and draws another 4. (First: Episode 0140)
- Big Bird and some kids begin to build a wagon by consulting a drawing. Bob actually completes the job.
- Because the lid of a box won't stay open by itself, Gordon can't put a large beachball in it alone, and Bob can't put a large inflated beach animal toy in it alone. They discover that if one of them holds the lid the other can easily put his article in the box. (EKA: Episode 0234)
- Tom demonstrates the letter O by giving an OH! recital.
- Gordon tells some kids that animals in a zoo (like human babies) get fed with a baby bottle when their mothers aren't around.
- Tom moves five heavy boxes with a hand-truck.
- Tom shows a toy kayak and then holds up a card with the word "Kayak" on it.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0311||Episode 0313|