|Plot||Big Bird sits on the lower-case letter h.|
|Air date||December 24, 1971|
|Season||Season 3 (1971-1972)|
- Big Bird tries to sit on the lower-case letter "h" as if it were a chair.
- Cartoon: A giant named Harold asks his tiny friend Howard to list several "H" words after he gives Howard a large lower-case "H".
- Guy Smiley hosts "The Remembering Game", a game show in which the contestants must match pictures based on memory. The winner gets whatever item was in the pictures he matched, and the other contestant wins the item from the remaining two pictures as a consolation prize. Bill Smith wins a cookie, and Cookie Monster wins a jet plane. Disappointed, Cookie Monster suggests that they switch prizes.
- When Molly tries to deliver a letter to Oscar, the lid opens and his feet pop up. Oscar explains that he doesn't want to see nice, pleasant people.
- Film: A kid enters a tunnel made of snow to demonstrate "head first" and "feet first."
- The Anything Muppets portray Goldilocks and the Three Bears; Goldilocks attemtpts to show the bears how many are in their family.
- Using rectangles, Maria sings the Classification Song and then explains how we classify by quantity.
- By using his imagination, Ernie solves the problem of which of two shelves on the wall to place a large vase; one shelf is big enough for the vase, but the other is far too small.
- Molly explains pockets and pouches.
- Marty, an Anything Muppet in a loud suit, teaches Grover about adding and subtracting with three tangerines.
- David and some kids build a town out of toys and blocks.
- Film: Footage of a road being constructed intercuts with clips of kids digging a road in the sand on the beach.
- A hippie lines up a group of monsters to demonstrate first and last, but Grover doesn't want to be last in line. The hippie compromises and lets him be first... but the line keeps changing directions. (First: Episode 0116)
- Cookie Monster and Ernie: Ernie is happy because he is about to eat his cookie, but Cookie Monster is sad because he hasn't had a cookie all day. Ernie gives Cookie Monster his cookie, but now Cookie is happy and Ernie is sad. The two keep passing the cookie to each other as both their emotions exchange. When the two decide to share they cookie, both end up breaking it, and now neither of them is happy! (EKA: Episode 0266)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0309||Episode 0311|