|Plot||Mr. Snuffleupagus is afraid of fruit.|
|Air date||December 8, 1971|
|Season||Season 3 (1971-1972)|
|Sponsors||T, U, 2|
- As Tom hangs his wet things on the clothesline, he mentions the many things we wear that come in two's: two socks, two gloves, two shoes. He has two hats, too...but he doesn't have two heads--the other hat belongs to Rafael.
- George the Farmer: On Top Of
- Scanimate animation: Two plus two houses equals four houses.
- Big Bird tries to play "One of These Things" with Mr. Snuffleupagus. With three apples and a cup before him, Big Bird begins to sing the Sorting Song only to discover that Mr. Snuffleupagus is afraid of apples because they might fall from the tree and hit him on the head. Big Bird is back trying to play his sorting game with Snuffleupagus, this time with three bananas and a cup. But Mr. Snuffleupagus reveals that he's afraid of bananas too, because he might slip on the peels. Finally, Big Bird tries his sorting game with three cut-out, stand-up pictures of Snuffleupagus and a cup. An unafraid Mr. Snuffleupagus and Big Bird sing the Sorting Song together. Big Bird then invites Snuffy to lunch, and Snuffy asks if he has any yummy fruit.
- Tom asks several children what they are afraid of.
- Prairie Dawn and her friend Walter enter an old house. Walter says that it's a haunted house, but Prairie comforts him by saying it's just an old house. He gets scared by all of the spooky sounds he hears and Prairie has a explanation for all of them. When they spot a little mouse Prairie gets scared and runs away, while Walter tells the mouse not to be scared.
- Cartoon: A poem filled with T words, including a teacher, toys, Texas, and "turtles with brains". (First: Episode 0024)
- Speech Balloon: "T" - Top
- Tom is on Bob's shoulders. Bob is under Tom.
- Rafael shows us pictures of a crab, a lobster, and a hermit crab. He identifies them and tells us something about them.
- Sesame Street Animal Films: Lobster and Crab
- We are shown a picture of Susan eating an apple and asked if we think the apple came in the mail, was caught in a football game, or came from Mr. McIntosh's fruit stand. We are shown a picture of Rafael wearing fishing boots and holding a rod and reel; we are asked if we think he was painting a picture, about to get a hit in a baseball game, or was fishing.
- Some Muppets (including Herry Monster) choose up teams based on who has a letter on his sweatshirt and who has a number on his sweatshirt.
- Big Bird sings "The Alphabet Song".
- Rafael ties his tie.
- Cartoon: A Casey Kasem-voiced man explains the letter T with a TV that plays a concert. When the man begins to sing with it, the conductor on the TV set "turns him off" by tweaking his nose. (First: Episode 0024)
- Cartoon: "T" - TV (Spanish version)
- "T" - Tickle
- Cartoon: A Boy and a Cart in Spanish
- Animated film: T
- Tools and toys
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie comes home to a sleeping Bert and tries to think of things to do that won't wake him up. He can't watch TV, and he can't play with his ball. Bored, he decides to take a nap too -- but then he starts to snore. This awakens Bert, who wonders out loud where the noise is coming from, in the process arousing Ernie, who gets mad at being woken up. (EKA: Episode 0280)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0297||Episode 0299|