|Plot||Big Bird tries to get everyone to stop littering.|
|Air date||December 9, 1971|
|Season||Season 3 (1971-1972)|
|Sponsors||A, C, 9|
- While everyone is picking up the litter on the street, Bob tells Big Bird that if somebody could figure out a way to stop people from littering, he would be a real hero.
- Cartoon: "C" -- Clipper
- Cartoon: Two men talk about c-words including cough, cold, crack, and cry.
- Big Bird records his voice, shouting "Don't Litter! Don't Litter!" He's told that it's too noisy, and it'll probably stop people from sleeping.
- In a final effort to be a hero, Big Bird hangs "Don't Litter" signs all over the street -- on the buildings, on the doors, on the windows, etc.
- Oscar demonstrates his secret knock that you must learn in order to be a member of his secret Grouch Club. Every time he comes up with a knock for the kids-only club, one of the grownups walks by and thinks it's a neat rhythm. Once a grownup knows it, it's not a secret any more, so Oscar gives up.
- Ernie & Bert: Ernie brings an umbrella, a flashlight, and Bert's bowling ball to the bathtub, just in case the electricity goes out, the roof leaks, and somebody shows up asking to borrow a bowling ball. Bert thinks that Ernie is being ridiculous -- but everything happens, just as Ernie predicted. (EKA: Episode 0269)
- Bob blows up a balloon (bigger) until it breaks (smaller).
- Gordon Clapping
- Big Bird makes a Big Bird clock (which is similar to a cuckoo-clock). He sets the hands of his clock to 9:00, and runs in and out of doors nine times, tweeting each time.
- Ernie and Bert have pizza and grape juice. Bert complains that Ernie has more of each, so Ernie tries to make it even by eating some of his pizza and drinking some of his grape juice, but then Bert has more. And so on.
- Hubley animation: Night Sounds
- Simon Soundman has the viewers guess what sound he is making. He makes the sound of a train, car, and a horse. When Simon makes the sound of the horse, a cowboy uses his lasso to capture Simon, mistaking him for a real horse.
- Oscar insists that he plays with a baby rattle like a rattlesnake.
- Sesame Street Animal Films: Rattlesnake.
- Maria points out that C is for camera; a kid points out that C is for carrot; Tom points out that C is for candle.
- Tom suggests that Oscar and some kids try to do different things with their mouths: open as wide as possible, open and close as fast as possible, make funny faces with their mouths, and pucker up and make kissing sounds.
- Film with narrator: Tom has blocks and Gordon has a truck. How can they play on the same table without getting in each other's way?
- Muppet & Kid Moments: Grover asks Brian to explain which of them is "you" and which is "me."
- Film: Snowshoes
- Farley explains things one can do with their mind - he plans on going to the door, he imagines who's knocking at it, he remembers it's not his mother and he hopes there's not a scary monster at the door. Herry Monster surprises him by bursting through the door, frightening Farley away. Herry's sorry Farley ran away; he wanted to play. (EKA: Episode 0246)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0293||Episode 0295|