|Plot||Big Bird pretends to be Mr. Hooper.|
|Air date||May 26, 1971|
|Season||Season 2 (1970-1971)|
|Sponsors||O, Y, 11|
- Bob walks down Sesame Street at night and listens to the sounds--snoring, cats, a fire truck, Oscar talking in his sleep. A little bit later, he listens to the sounds of early morning--birds, Mr. Hooper jangling keys, Gordon yawning.
- Big Bird feels sick and wants sympathy, but he doesn't tell anyone and everyone is too busy to dote on him. They all help Mr. Hooper, who has just recovered from a cold. Big Bird thinks people don't like him the way he is, and that if he were like Mr. Hooper, he would get more respect. He puts on glasses and an apron and pretends to be Mr. Hooper, but Gordon, Bob, and Susan see through his disguise. Next he dresses as Sherlock Hemlock, but Miguel and Mr. Hooper know it's him. When he gets frustrated, everyone comes over to see what the matter is, and they assure him that they like him just the way he is.
- Flip Wilson counts from one to twenty.
- Bill Cosby teaches the concepts of "yesterday" and "today."
- Anything Muppets get ready to play Baseball. Most bring the right equipment but one brings a hockey stick. They try again, but this time one has a tennis racket. On the third attempt, one has a box, which you don't need to play baseball either. But the box has a baseball in it.
- An Anything Muppet boy and girl have a conversation using the letters of the alphabet. (EKA: Episode 0267)
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie wants to show Bert his ice cube collection, however, they were too cold so he put them in a box covered with an electric blanket. Much to Ernie's surprise, the ice cubes have disappeared. Since they were replaced with water, Ernie suspects that a fish might have stolen them. Bert tells him that it's because they've melted. Ernie, however, is now convinced that a fish melted the ice cubes, and angrily walks out the door, threatening to "tear him fin-from-fin." (First: Episode 0033)
- Ernie tries to count his balloons. The balloons are arranged in a circle, so he continues counting around the circle, and counts some of them twice. Grover has a solution -- he pops each of the balloons as he counts them. (EKA: Episode 0168)
- An Anything Muppet boy and girl share a bag of jellybeans, but they're scared away by a monster. They make friends with the monster, and share the jellybeans with him. (3-part sketch) (First: Episode 0016)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0272||Episode 0274|