|Plot||Big Bird reads a "Don't Touch" sign|
|Air date||May 24, 1971|
|Season||Season 2 (1970-1971)|
- Tom has just fixed a chair, and makes a "Don't Touch This" sign to put on it while the glue is drying. Big Bird wants to sit in the chair, but Tom asks him to read the sign he has written. Big Bird reads the words in different orders, and the sign doesn't make sense. Increasingly worried that Big Bird will break the chair, Tom shows him the correct direction in which to read the words, and Big Bird understands the sign. Tom puts the sign on the chair, and the chair breaks.
- Gordon teaches kids that leche and milk mean the same thing.
- Susan buys pillows. It is hard to stuff a pillow into a bag all by yourself, so she and Mr. Hooper cooperate--she holds the bags while he puts the pillows in.
- Grover: Grover, Herry and Billy rearrange themselves in different ways and count to three, until they get exhausted and faint.
- Herbert Birdsfoot recites a hopping poem.
- Herry and Cookie Monster practice their "monster noises" (growling and roaring), then have the viewer play a game of imitating animal noises with them. (EKA: Episode 0141)
- Film: A trip to an ice cream factory.
- Grover: Grover spots a good-looking but somewhat scary monster, who seems to follow him wherever he goes. Grover is starting to get really nervous, when Herbert Birdsfoot comes along and says, "I see you're having fun playing with your shadow."
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie and Bert plan to go to the zoo, but they can't make up their minds. What would happen if Ernie bought a balloon, but then lost it when he gets frightened by a buffalo? Then they remember that the zoo is closed on Wednesdays.
- Cartoon: A worm declares that the word "worm" is the only important word that begins with "W". A walrus retaliates by dumping a bucket of water on it. (First: Episode 0001)
- Farley explains things one can do with their mind - he plans on going to the door, he imagines who's knocking at it, he remembers it's not his mother and he hopes there's not a scary monster at the door. Herry Monster surprises him by bursting through the door, frightening Farley away. Herry's sorry Farley ran away; he wanted to play. (EKA: Episode 0246)
- Cartoon: I thought a Thought...about small things.
- Narrated film: Gordon and Tom want to draw houses, but they only have one sheet of paper. They each use half, but they are not pleased with their houses until they cooperate again and connect the lines in the middle to make one big house.
- Night Sounds
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0270||Episode 0272|