|Plot||Mr. Hooper gives Oscar some letters|
|Air date||May 12, 1971|
|Season||Season 2 (1970-1971)|
|Sponsors||E, H, 12|
- Susan calls Gordon from Hooper's Store and asks him to describe their platter so she can buy another one that matches it.
- Oscar the Grouch, in Hooper's to enjoy a cup of hot lettuce, is crowded by some letters left over after Mr. Hooper made a "SALE" sign. Mr. Hooper gives Oscar the letters--L, B, O, I, V, G, and E. Then he remembers that he was going to make the sign say "BIG SALE," and takes back the B, I, and G. This leaves Oscar with the word "LOVE" so he doesn't want the letters any more.
- Susan asks kids where to wash a car--in the sink? in the bathtub? No, in a car wash.
- What is a ball? Ernie tells all about it, and then finds that the ball he's holding belongs to Herry Monster.
- Mr. Hooper adds three chairs.
- In pixilation, Bob builds the number 12.
- Cartoon: Gloria, a rambunctious little girl, tries to sing the Alphabet Song as an unseen person directs her. (Uppercase version)
- Film: How a car gets cleaned.
- Grover the Assistant: In a three-part sketch, Grover and Herbert Birdsfoot talk about the ET family. (EKA: Episode 0214)
- Animation: "E Imagination": A surreal story of a boy eating a peach atop an eagle witnessing a queen on her knee, dreaming of eating ice cream in a land of steam. (First: Episode 0001)
- Cartoon: "Poverty H" -- an orange figure tries to talk about the letter H, but a yellow figure keeps listing H words. (First: Episode 0020)
- Hubley animation: A big elephant and a small elephant make big and small Hs come out of their trunks. (EKA: Episode 0262)
- Cartoon: A man (voiced by Gary Owens) explains how H starts the word "Hello", which is then demonstrated by people calling him and asking for someone named Harold. (First: Episode 0020)
- "Triangle and Square": A male voice narrates a story of a jazzy triangle who loved to dance, and a square square. The triangle likes being flexible, but the square would rather be stiff and *square*. (First: Episode 0007)
- Cartoon: A woman explains the letter H and its use in "horseshoe", when a horse comes to reclaim his shoe and starts tickling the woman. (First: Episode 0020)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0262||Episode 0264|