|Plot||Sesame Street holds a Pet Show.|
|Air date||May 11, 1971|
|Season||Season 2 (1970-1971)|
- Tom introduces the ET family.
- There's a Pet Show on Sesame Street, and everybody proudly shows off their pets. Oscar the Grouch is disappointed that all the entrants are cute, and wishes there were better pets like spiders or jellyfish. Unbeknownst to Oscar, Slimey the Worm enters the competition, and wows the judge by making the letters U, C, and O, and dancing the "worm-trot". He wins first prize, and Oscar is appalled that other people think his pet is sweet and friendly.
- Cartoon: What if a dog looked like a bird?
- Cartoon: A woman explains the letter H and its use in "horseshoe", when a horse comes to reclaim his shoe and starts tickling the woman. (First: Episode 0020)
- Little Bird plays an imagination game on the Street.
- Cartoon: "Poverty H" -- an orange figure tries to talk about the letter H, but a yellow figure keeps listing H words. (First: Episode 0020)
- Cartoon: A man (voiced by Gary Owens) explains how H starts the word "Hello", which is then demonstrated by people calling him and asking for someone named Harold. (First: Episode 0020)
- Tom explains the difference between capital and small "H".
- Hubley animation: A big elephant and a small elephant make lowercase Hs come out of their trunks.
- Ernie & Bert — Lefty the Salesman sells Ernie some air. When Ernie wants to show it to Bert, Bert accidentally causes Ernie to drop it. According to Bert (who didn't know what Ernie had), "It's not like it dropped into thin air". But Ernie insists that it did. (First: Episode 0118)
- Three Muppet hands count to 11.
- An Anything Muppet girl shows the viewers that the number 11 is the same right side up and upside down. (EKA: Episode 0239)
- Cartoon: A janitor sweeps up his own footprints the wrong way, then the right way. Just then, a giant centipede leaves tracks all over the floor.
- Gordon shows the difference between "above" and "below".
- George the Farmer demonstrates "above" and "below" on his farm.
- Film: A boy uses his wagon as a pretend bus, and explains to his friend that his dad is a real bus driver. Footage of his father working shows what a bus driver does. (EKA: Episode 0181)
- Animation: BUS STOP
- Film: Jerry Nelson counts 20 backflips performed by a monkey.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0261||Episode 0263|