|Plot||Bob and the Kids make a soapbox racer for Big Bird.|
|Air date||April 2, 1971|
|Season||Season 2 (1970-1971)|
- The cast demonstrate the "AN" word family, with Mr. Hooper showing a fan, Gordon as the man, and Susan with a pan.
- In two different segments, Arte Johnson talks about the eyes and nose.
- Susan shows how things can look different when they are seen up-close and far away.
- Film: Joe Raposo sings "Look a Little Closer" as close-ups of a tire are shown. (First: Episode 0013)
- Two Muppet hands argue over a piece of cake before they decide to share it.
- Film: George the Farmer is "near" when he's on a barrel; he's "far" when he's on the porch.
- Bob tells the story of "Frieda and the Frog". Frieda goes to visit a friend, and meets a farmer who turns into Kermit the Frog. (First: Episode 0095)
- Bob sings "Up, Up and Away" to a little girl.
- Cartoon: "Poverty F" -- a man tries to remember a word beginning with the letter F, and another man lists as many words as he can think of to help him. (aired twice) (First: Episode 0128)
- Cartoon: A self-proclaimed "handsome" fly (voiced by Casey Kasem) is indignant about appearing in a segment about the letter F with a "fat and ugly" frog. The frog solves the problem by eating the fly. (First: Episode 0034)
- Ernie and Bert: Bert says that he and Ernie are looking at the "Mysterious Nose-Snatcher." Ernie, disagreeing, walks closer and closer to the camera to see. His face begins to black out the screen...but when he moves back into view, his nose is missing! (First: Episode 0005)
- Bob throws baseball gloves to Gordon, who counts them.
- Lefty the Salesman sells Ernie some air, but when Ernie wants to show it to Bert, Bert accidentally causes Ernie to drop it. According to Bert (who didn't know what Ernie had), "It's not like it dropped into thin air". But Ernie insists that it did.(First: Episode 0118)
- Hubley animation: A bully won't give the kids' baseball back. The boy imagines a few scenarios before ultimately calling for his dog.
- Cookie Monster and Ernie: Ernie has a stack of seven cupcakes that he wants to take a picture of, but Cookie Monster keeps taking cupcakes (which he calls "cuppycakes").
- Grover: Grover demonstrates the difference between "near" and "far" by running away from the camera and back, eventually fainting from exhaustion. (First: Episode 0057)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0234||Episode 0236|