|Plot||Big Bird dusts chairs|
|Air date||December 8, 1970|
|Season||Season 2 (1970-1971)|
- The Princess and the Cookie
- Film: "What if you were magic, and could make things stop just by telling it to, or make it go backwards? Stop! Then you could see what things look like when they're moving. Go forwards! Stop! Well, film is magic, and this is a film, so you can be magic for three minutes. Like this: Go slow, water fountain! Now, you try it." (First: Episode 0047)
- Big Bird finishes dusting the four chairs in the arbor, which Mr. Hooper told him to do. Proud that he is being helpful, he goes to find Mr. Hooper to show him the chairs. Meanwhile, Mr. Hooper comes back and sees the chairs. He counts four clean chairs, and thinks Big Bird did a marvelous job. He takes a chair out in front of the store so he can get some sun. Meanwhile, Big Bird comes back to find only three chairs. He thinks that the fourth has run away, and goes to tell Mr. Hooper. Meanwhile, the sun has gone behind the clouds, so Mr. Hooper puts the chair back. Big Bird finds Mr. Hooper, but now there are four chairs. He thinks the chair ran away and ran back. As they go into the store, Mr. Hooper explains that chairs can't run away.
- Cartoon: "Poverty U" -- A figure gives a salute to the letter U, and presents the letter with a bouquet of flowers. (First: Episode 0036)
- Gordon shows the kids a horse shoe that looks like the letter U
- Ernie demonstrates a ukulele. Cookie Monster grabs it, plays "Tiptoe Through the Tulips," then eats it. (First: Episode 0047)
- Mr. Hooper has an umbrella
- A female Anything Muppet goes shopping for a fur coat and ends up wearing a monster (Cookie Monster, to be exact).
- Film: Wheels
- Larry and Phyllis have a lucky penny.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0151||Episode 0153|