|Plot||Oscar's poem-writing machine|
|Air date||December 7, 1970|
|Season||Season 2 (1970-1971)|
- Oscar the Grouch has a poem-writing machine. It rhymes "glad" with "mad" and "feel so bad," and it rhymes "hello" with "don't know" and "go".
- Lefty the Salesman wants to sell Ernie an empty box, explaining that he can fill the box with things like a pet mouse (if Ernie had one) and jellybeans (if they rained from the sky). Ernie wants an empty box, but doesn't have any money. However, Bert brings a box of cookies, and Ernie throws the cookies out so he can catch jellybeans from the sky. (First: Episode 0081)
- Flip Wilson shows how his teacher, Miss Johnson, taught the ABCs.
- Cartoon: Poverty Z. A salesman tries to sell a Z. His customer stops the hard sell by locking the salesman in a zoo cage. (EKA: Episode 0085)
- Susan and the kids play a game thinking of words in the -un family.
- Guy Smiley sings "Gone with the Wind" to a young woman. During the song, a very strong wind blows – making the leaves fly off the tree, causing the woman's house to collapse, and finally ripping Guy's clothes off. (First: Episode 0034)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0150||Episode 0152|