|Plot||Big Bird helps Susan prepare for a party|
|Air date||December 4, 1970|
|Season||Season 2 (1970-1971)|
- Susan is busy cooking for a dinner party, and she is one chair short. She asks Big Bird to go borrow a chair from Mrs. Rodriguez down the street.
- Michael Landon and the Bonanza cast add two horses and one horse to make three horses.
- Big Bird thinks Mrs. Rodriguez is hard of hearing.
- Ernie & Bert: Bert says that he's going to demonstrate quiet by talking quietly to Ernie. But when he tries, Ernie claims that he can't hear what Bert is saying. Finally, Bert gets frustrated and shouts at Ernie; Ernie tells Bert not to be so loud.
- Bob sorts by sound
- Jim Nabors counts from one to twenty, demonstrating soft and loud.
- Susan explains that Mrs. Rodriguez speaks Spanish, and teaches Big Bird how to say chair in Spanish
- Kermit's Lectures: Kermit uses a radio to demonstrate "soft". Grover shows up and wants to talk about loud, turning the radio up. After the two demonstrate soft and loud a few times, Big V appears and eats the radio. (First: Episode 0039)
- Bob talks about homes in the city, country, and suburbs.
- Cartoon: "Poverty Z" -- A figure tries to sell a Z. His only customer stops him by locking him inside a zoo cage. (First: Episode 0085)
- Big Bid successfully brings Susan the chair from Mrs. Rodriguez, having asked her for one silla. He goes off to play checkers with a pigeon, while Gordon goes to borrow some silver polish from Oscar.
- Alphabet song
- Cartoon: Z is for Zebra, Zoo, and Zoom
- Sherlock Hemlock and the Missing Chicken Salad Sandwich: Ernie opens his lunchbox and finds that half of his chicken salad sandwich is missing. Sherlock Hemlock, the world's greatest detective, investigates this fiendish crime. It turns out that Sherlock himself ate half of Ernie's sandwich. (First: Episode 0131)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0149||Episode 0151|