|Plot||Oscar tries being different|
|Air date||November 24, 1970|
|Season||Season 2 (1970-1971)|
|Sponsors||K, N, 3|
- Susan is thinking about things that are the same and things that are different. She says that when she comes back out of her apartment, there will be something different about her.
- Kermit's Lectures: Kermit talks about "same" by showing two identical rectangles. Cookie Monster takes a bite from one of them, making them different. (First: Episode 0018)
- Susan comes out of her apartment wearing pants. Her clothes are different, but she is still the same person. Oscar the Grouch tells her she looks lovely. She asks him whether he feels all right, and he says he thought it would be fun to be different, too. They continue their pleasantries, and Gordon comes along, also surprised at Oscar’s polite behavior. Oscar says he must leave now, because he promised to take some little children to the zoo, and he mustn't keep the little darlings waiting.
- Oscar takes kids to the zoo
- Film: Counting 3
- Film: Elephant trunk
- Today's Secret Drawing: Elephant
- Cartoon: An elderly man discusses the letter K with a kitten, explaining how kittens are picked up by their mother by the scruff of their neck. A giant cat gives an example by picking up the man in this manner. (First: Episode 0040)
- Susan’s IG story
- Girls play a jump rope alphabet game: “I’ve got an A in my ankle, I’ve got a B in my back,” etc. A boy wants to play, but one of the girls says the game is for girls only. Finally, when he contributes “I’ve got a Z in my zebra,” one of the girls says he can play.
- Larry and Phyllis cooperate to clean up.
- Someone has eaten Ernie's cookies, and Sherlock Hemlock investigates the case. He asks Ernie questions about the cookies, when Cookie Monster comes by with cookie crumbs on his fur. Sherlock interrogates Cookie Monster, and he comes to the conclusion that Cookie is the thief. Cookie Monster admits it, saying that he is full now and gives Ernie the last cookie, but Sherlock ends up taking it as payment.
- K is for kettle, kick, kite and kitten
- Cartoon: "K" - Kangaroo. A man (voiced by Gary Owens) explains what a kangaroo is, and ends up in the pouch of one.
- Bill Cosby demonstrates happy.
- Spanish vocabulary: ven aquí
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0141||Episode 0143|