|Air date|| May 8, 1970|
|Season||Season 1 (1969-1970)|
|Sponsors||A, H, 10|
- B.B. King says the alphabet.
- Ernie & Bert: Ernie tells Bert that he calls his bathtub Rosie, because after his bath, he leaves a ring around Rosie. (First: Episode 0001)
- Cartoon: Poor Solomon Grundy washes a different part of the left side of his body every day, but at the end of the week, "he's still half dirty!" (First: Episode 0001)
- Cookie Monster and Ernie: Ernie counts out 11 cookies and one egg. Cookie Monster eats the cookies. (First: Episode 0054)
- Cartoon: "Egg Chant": A girl skips rope and says the alphabet as a boy sits with an egg on his knee; the egg hatches, and a dancing lizard comes out. (First: Episode 0003)
- Kermit's Lectures: Kermit teaches “full” with a full glass of milk until Cookie Monster drinks it all (with a straw). Disgusted, Kermit complains that he didn’t want to teach “empty”, but finds that he can still talk about “full”; the monster is now ‘’full’’ of milk. (First: Episode 0081)
- Cartoon: "The Story of A" -- A witch tells bored kids a story about the letter A involving an ant's apple getting stolen by an archer.
- Cartoon: "Poverty H" -- an orange figure tries to talk about the letter H, but a yellow figure keeps listing H words. (First: Episode 0020)
- Cartoon: A man (voiced by Gary Owens) explains how H starts the word "Hello", which is then demonstrated by people calling him and asking for someone named Harold. (First: Episode 0020)
- Speech Balloon: H--Hole. A boy gets a pie in the face when he looks out of his speech balloon. (First: Episode 0080)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0129||Episode 0131|