|Air date||May 7, 1970|
|Season||Season 1 (1969-1970)|
|Sponsors||P, R, 9|
- Kermit's Lectures: Kermit the Frog is about to talk about the letter R, until Cookie Monster karate chops one of the legs off, turning it into a P. When Kermit threatens to tell the monster's mommy, Cookie reassembles the broken letter back to the letter "R".
- Cartoon: "Story of R" -- A man and his dog play a film about the letter R, involving a robber who steals a rooster and escapes by rowboat. (First: Episode 0011)
- The cast assembles a large 9.
- Guy Smiley sings "Gone with the Wind" to a young woman. During the song, a very strong wind blows – making the leaves fly off the tree, causing the woman's house to collapse, and finally ripping Guy's clothes off. (First: Episode 0034)
- Bob and the Anything Muppets sing "The People in Your Neighborhood": Grocer and Doctor. (First: Episode 0067)
- Hunt for Happiness: Helen Happy tells her brother Harold Happy that she has mud on her sneaker. They panic and cry. The sensible Grandmother Happy has no patience for their dramatics. (First: Episode 0112)
- Sesame Street Animal Films: A mom and her son comment on a film of various animal babies and their moms. (First: Episode 0096)
- Grover: Grover demonstrates the difference between "near" and "far" by running away from the camera and back, eventually fainting from exhaustion. (First: Episode 0057)
- Ruby Dee counts to 20.
- Ernie and Bert: Bert says that he and Ernie are looking at the "Mysterious Nose-Snatcher." Ernie, disagreeing, walks closer and closer to the camera to see. His face begins to black out the screen...but when he moves back into view, his nose is missing! (First: Episode 0005)
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie holds a hanky while Bert sneezes -- and Bert's nose comes off in Ernie's hand. Ernie teases Bert by putting his nose back in the wrong places. (First: Episode 0026)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0128||Episode 0130|