|Air date||April 23, 1970|
|Season||Season 1 (1969-1970)|
|Sponsors||I, P, U, 8, 9|
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie eats one of the two pieces of chocolate cake that Bert was saving for their dessert. Bert sees Ernie holding a fork in one hand and a napkin with some chocolate on it in the other--and in front of him is a plate full of chocolate-cake crumbs. When Bert accuses Ernie of eating the cake, Ernie tells Bert that a monster came in, ate Bert's cake, and framed Ernie. Bert doesn't believe Ernie's lie. But when Bert leaves the room, Beautiful Day Monster comes in and does exactly what Ernie told Bert happened to the first piece. Ernie tries to explain, but Bert says, "I don't want to talk about it."
- Film: Kids paint various animals that begin with "P" on a window.
- Film: A girl named Jennifer visits family friend Mrs. Wilson in the country, and together they pick food from her garden. (First: Episode 0021)
- Guy Smiley hosts "The Mr. and Mrs. Game", a quiz show for newlywed monsters. Mr. and Mrs. Monster win the game, and Guy offers the choice of three prizes: a new house, a trip to Hawaii, or a cookie. Mr. Monster ravenously devours the cookie. (First: Episode 0072)
- Kermit's Lectures: Cookie Monster drinks both of Kermit's glasses of milk, which he was going to use to explain "more" and "less". When Kermit insults Cookie Monster, several of Cookie Monster's monster pals gang up on Kermit, prompting him to point out that now there are more monsters and less frogs. (First: Episode 0004)
- Cartoon: A Gary Owens-voiced man attempts to discuss the letter I, but is jeered by an offscreen voice. The man uses him as an example of the word "impolite". (aired twice) (First: Episode 0032)
- Cartoon: "Poverty U" -- A figure gives a salute to the letter U, and presents the letter with a bouquet of flowers. (aired twice) (First: Episode 0036)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0118||Episode 0120|