|Air date||April 21, 1970|
|Season||Season 1 (1969-1970)|
|Sponsors||I, P, U, 4, 5|
- Odetta makes a cameo appearance.
- Cookie Monster: After watching the "eggs and cookie" film, Cookie Monster demands a cookie. A mysterious talking hook appears from the sky, and responds by giving him a book instead. Cookie is surprised, "This not cookie...this BOOKIE!" He then exchanges the book for lots of cookies, which rain on him.
- Sesame Street Animal Films: Footage of all types of birds on land, including flamingos and pigeons. (First: Episode 0019)
- Ernie & Bert — Part 1: Ernie is a barber, and cuts all of Bert's hair off. Part 2: Ernie tries to disguise Bert until his hair grows back, but a monster (later known as Grover) mistakes Bert for his father. Part 3: Bert has grown his hair back, but now he talks like Cookie Monster. (First: Episode 0068)
- Film: Three boys (including Brian Henson) pretend to be steam shovels, playing in the dirt. This segues into footage of real construction vehicles. A parallel is drawn between the machinery and how the boys' arms and mouths work. (First: Episode 0003)
- Ernie & Bert — Ernie and Bert have difficulty scratching their backs, so both help each other scratch their back. While Ernie's itch takes a little too long to scratch, he introduces a film called "Everybody Scratch". After the film, Ernie notices that Bert has stopped scratching his back; Beautiful Day Monster is. (First: Episode 0012)
- Cookie Monster and Ernie: Gordon asks Ernie to put three balls and a balloon into four small boxes. When Ernie learns the trick, he tries to play the game with Cookie Monster. (First: Episode 0008)
- Cartoon: "Egg Chant": A girl skips rope and says the alphabet as a boy sits with an egg on his knee; the egg hatches, and a dancing lizard comes out. (First: Episode 0003)
- Cartoon: A Gary Owens-voiced man attempts to discuss the letter I, but is jeered by an offscreen voice. The man uses him as an example of the word "impolite". (First: Episode 0032)
- Cartoon: "Poverty U" -- A figure gives a salute to the letter U, and presents the letter with a bouquet of flowers. (First: Episode 0036)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0116||Episode 0118|