|Air date||January 27, 1970|
|Season||Season 1 (1969-1970)|
|Sponsors||I, P, U, 4, 5|
- Grover: Grover demonstrates the difference between "near" and "far" by running away from the camera and back, eventually fainting from exhaustion.
- Ernie is going on a hunt for big rocks, and when he tries to pick a really big rock, the rock turns out to be the dome of a large monster. (First: Episode 0034)
- Ernie and Bert: Bert says that he and Ernie are looking at the "Mysterious Nose-Snatcher." Ernie, disagreeing, walks closer and closer to the camera to see. His face begins to black out the screen...but when he moves back into view, his nose is missing! (First: Episode 0005)
- Kermit's Lectures: Kermit watches some live bears do exercises. (This was done on a chroma-key background). (First: Episode 0044)
- Cartoon: A Gary Owens-voiced man attempts to discuss the letter I, but is jeered by an offscreen voice. The man uses him as an example of the word "impolite". (First: Episode 0032)
- Jim Henson clay animation: The letter “U” is focused in a story involving a unicorn in his underwear and uniform upon a unicycle whilst under an unusually ugly umbrella. (First: Episode 0037)
- Countdown series: After countdown, the director himself is launched into space as the rocket stays put. (First: Episode 0018)
- Carol Burnett comments on the rocket launch: "Well, back to the ol' drawing board."
- Balloons and balls
- Film: Kids paint a picture of a porcupine on glass.
- Film: A junior car dealer displays cars of different sizes to people of different sizes. (First: Episode 0003)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0056||Episode 0058|