|Air date||December 18, 1969|
|Season||Season 1 (1969-1970)|
|Sponsors||C, H, T, 8, 9|
- Mahalia Jackson sings "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands."
- Alphabet Bates makes the letter C.
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie demonstrates the word "through" with the help of Beautiful Day Monster and Bert, who holds a hoop. (First: Episode 0023)
- Film: A group of kids play follow the leader and go over, around and through various obstacles, but one of them takes a while to catch on. (First: Episode 0001)
- Ernie and Bert: Bert sees Ernie talk to "an elephant" while using a banana as a phone. Ernie explains to Bert that he is just pretending, but then he tells Bert that the elephant wants to talk to him. (First: Episode 0004)
- Film: There Once Was a Hand—Skip Hinnant narrates the story of an unhappy hand that wishes he could make a noise. (First: Episode 0007)
- Speech Balloon: C--Cat (with a dog impostor) (aired twice)
- Cartoon: "Poverty H" -- an orange figure tries to talk about the letter H, but a yellow figure keeps listing H words. (First: Episode 0020)
- Cartoon: A man (voiced by Gary Owens) explains how H starts the word "Hello", which is then demonstrated by people calling him and asking for someone named Harold. (aired three times) (First: Episode 0020)
- Cartoon: A woman explains the letter H and its use in "horseshoe", when a horse comes to reclaim his shoe and starts tickling the woman. (First: Episode 0020)
- Cartoon: "Poverty T" -- a figure with glasses explains T words, and at the same time abuses another figure with some of them (including getting him tangled and twirled in twine). The second figure turns out to be a cop, who presents him with a ticket for his trash. (First: Episode 0020)
- Cartoon: A Casey Kasem-voiced man explains the letter T with a TV that plays a concert. When the man begins to sing with it, the conductor on the TV set "turns him off" by tweaking his nose. (aired three times) (First: Episode 0024)
- Cartoon: A poem filled with T words, including a teacher, toys, Texas, and "turtles with brains". (First: Episode 0024)
- Cartoon: Gloria, a rambunctious little girl, sings the alphabet song while an adult gives her instructions. (lowercase version) (First: Episode 0010)
- Story: "Play with Me"
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0028||Episode 0030|