|Air date||December 12, 1969|
|Season||Season 1 (1969-1970)|
|Sponsors||D, G, Z, 10|
- Superman, carrying a door-like shield, charges towards a giant ape, and uses it to block the ape's heat-vision. He punches the ape, knocking it to the ground, and rescues Lois from the ape's hand. The camera then cuts to Superman exclaiming "D!"
- Cartoon: "Story of D": Two boys notice a D, saying it looks fat. A resonant voice (Gary Owens) informs them that it's the letter D. This leads to a jazzy story about a dog who digs for dice, wins a duck, and buys a dinosaur with a dime. Moral: "If you dig a dinosaur, drop your duck for a dime." (First: Episode 0016)
- Alphabet Bates makes the letter G.
- Speech Balloon: Z -- Zipper
- Henson clay animation: Z
- Ernie and Bert have difficulty scratching their backs, so both help each other scratch their back. While Ernie's itch takes a little too long to scratch, he introduces a film called "Everybody Scratch". After the film, Ernie notices that Bert has stopped scratching his back; Beautiful Day Monster is. (First: Episode 0012)
- Film: Three boys (including Brian Henson) pretend to be steam shovels, playing in the dirt. This segues into footage of real construction vehicles. A parallel is drawn between the machinery and how the boys' arms and mouths work. (First: Episode 0003)
- Gordon puts some features on some Anything Muppets, forming them into a family. They all sing "Consider Yourself." (First: Episode 0001)
- Alice Braithwaite Goodyshoes has a small pool of water. She is dry. A monster comes by and throws the pool at her, which makes her wet. (First: Episode 0005)
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie chuckles when Alice Braithwaite Goodyshoes gets kissed by a monster. Bert says that he wouldn't think that was funny if it happened to him. Then the Beautiful Day Monster shows up and kisses Ernie. (First: Episode 0005)
- Cartoon: A small man and his assistant Dudley attempt to demonstrate both the capital and lower-case letter D. (First: Episode 0016)
- Countdown series: After the countdown, water comes out of the rocket and splashes everyone. (First: Episode 0022)
- Countdown series: Minus his podium, the director laughs nervously as he accidentally launches the spectators into space. (First: Episode 0022)
- Countdown series: The rocket takes off at seven. It comes back down so the director can continue his countdown, but at one, it falls over with a huge crash. (First: Episode 0022)
- Muppets act out the story "Golden D and the Dangerous Dragon."
- Film: A junior car dealer displays cars of different sizes to people of different sizes. (First: Episode 0003)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0024||Episode 0026|