|Air date||November 27, 1969|
|Season||Season 1 (1969-1970)|
|Sponsors||J, O, R, 6, 7|
- Alphabet Bates makes the letter R.
- Speech Balloon: “R” – Rabbit
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie has a collection of R's in a box. He shows Bert, who says that Ernie will be the laughingstock of Sesame Street if anyone else finds out. Ernie sadly throws away his R's -- and Bert asks to have the box for his J collection.
- Ernie and Bert share jellybeans. Ernie has six jellybeans, and Bert has seven. Bert thanks Ernie for giving him the extra jellybean. Ernie says that isn't fair -- they should have an equal amount. To make it even, Ernie eats the extra jellybean. That's fair, isn't it?
- Buddy and Jim try to play checkers, but they can't get their chairs facing the right direction.
- Speech Balloon: O -- Open
- Cartoon: "Story of J" -- Two boys are told of a man named Joe who is sent to jail after jamming a june bug into a jar and a tire pump. (First: Episode 0009)
- Cartoon: "Story of R" -- A man and his dog play a film about the letter R, involving a robber who steals a rooster and escapes by rowboat. (First: Episode 0011)
- Cartoon: A man (voiced by Casey Kasem) explains the letter R with a radio. Once he starts singing, the radio decides to turn him off by tweaking his nose. (First: Episode 0011)
- Joe Raposo sings "A Little Bit (at the Beginning)", with a film of "good things growing better." (EKA: Episode 0003)
- Story: "Whistle for Willie"
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0013||Episode 0015|