|Air date||November 20, 1969|
|Season||Season 1 (1969-1970)|
|Sponsors||J, S, W, 4, 5|
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie's friend holds a huge card of a dog in front of his head. Ernie asks Bert how many feet the dog has, and Bert says four. Next, Ernie's friend holds up a card of a table. Ernie asks Bert how many legs the table has. Again, Bert says four. Ernie's friend then holds up a card that shows a four-eyed monster. Ernie asks Bert, "How many eyes can you count on this face?" Bert again says four, but adds that "nothing in the world has four eyes and looks like that." Ernie's friend lowers the card, revealing himself to be the Beautiful Day Monster- with two extra eyes.
- Ernie and Bert count 4 footballs.
- Buddy and Jim struggle with a window frame.
- Cartoon: "Story of J" -- Two boys are told of a man named Joe who is sent to jail after jamming a june bug into a jar and a tire pump.
- Sesame Street Animal Films: Swinging gibbon.
- Cartoon: A sprightly seal tells the story of six silly sailors who split up on a see-saw. (First: Episode 0002)
- Cartoon: A worm declares that the word "worm" is the only important word that begins with "W". A walrus retaliates by dumping a bucket of water on it. (First: Episode 0001)
- A visit from a magician
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0008||Episode 0010|