- For Elmo, live on stage, see Sesame Street Live
Elmo Live was the 2008 Christmas season release from the Fisher-Price division of Mattel, meant to top the Tickle Me Elmo (1996) and TMX Elmo (2006) toys. The toy was released on October 14th, 2008. Unveiled at the International Toy Fair in New York City, the doll talks, tells jokes, moves around, and senses its environment.  Sensor points are located in the toy's foot, tummy, back and nose.
- Elmo's mouth opens and closes fully, and he moves his head back and forth as he speaks.
- When someone hugs Elmo, he says "thank you" and "Elmo loves you too".
- When you squeeze Elmo's nose, you hear a honking sound, and Elmo stands up to sneeze.
- Elmo can blow kisses.
- Elmo can dance to a song that includes the lyrics "on your feet now, to the beat now", and ends with him "scatting", and lifting his hands up, shouting, "Jazz hands!"
- If Elmo falls over, he will ask, "Uh-oh! Elmo fell down. Can you help Elmo up?" Once he is picked back up, he will say, "Thank you. You're Elmo's best friend!"
- To conserve battery power, Elmo will "go to sleep" if not played with for a while. He yawns and says "See you later!"
When Elmo tells stories, he lifts his right leg in front of the left, while sitting on his chair.
- Elmo tells a story about meeting a giant on Sesame Street. They scream when seeing each other, then discuss how they're scared of each other. They laugh at how silly it was for both of them to be scared of each other.
After you tickle Elmo on his tummy, and he waves his arms around laughing, he stands up to tell a joke. When Elmo tells a joke, if he doesn't hear a laugh in reply, crickets start chirping. After a while, he replies, "Is this mike on?" He then sits down, and says, "Oh boy..." in disappointment. Some of the jokes Elmo tells include:
- "Elmo just flew in from Sesame Street yesterday, and boy, are Elmo's wings tired!"
- "Did you know that there are two things that Elmo never eats for breakfast? It's true. Do you know what they are? Lunch and dinner!"
- "Why is 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 'ate' 9!"
- "What has four legs but doesn't move? A table!"
- ↑ Vito Pilieci, "The Hottest toy for Christmas 2008", Ottawa Citizen, February 15, 2008.
- ↑ ""Tickling Elmo" following the series, the latest model in Japan is finally moving Elmo!", Sesame Street Partners Japan, March 31, 2009.
- Fisher-Price official site
- YouTube, official video.
- "Mattel and Fisher-Price® Inspire Imaginations and Wow Kids with Innovative Toys and Games Based on All the Ways Kids Play", Mattel and Fisher-Price press release on BusinessWire, February 14, 2008.