|Written by||Tony Geiss|
|Publisher|| Ephemeral Music|
Sesame Street Inc.
"Elmo's Song" is a Sesame Street song from Season 21. Elmo writes his own song and sings it for Big Bird and Mr. Snuffleupagus, who then wish that they had their own songs. Elmo lets them insert their own names into the lyrics, resulting in "Big Bird's Song" and "Snuffy's Song." In those versions, the other two characters provide the backing vocals. The sketch ends with Elmo calling for Gordon and Gabi, so that they can have their own songs. Most releases cut this ending.
A variation of "Elmo's Song" is used as the opening theme for Elmo's World.
- Put Down the Duckie! (1990)
- Elmo's Favorite Sing-Alongs (1993)
- Platinum All-Time Favorites (1995)
- The Best of Elmo (1997)
- Songs from the Street: 35 Years of Music (2003)
- Sesame Street Playground (2008)
- Elmo's Rainbow and Other Springtime Stories exclusive bonus CD (2010)
- Valentine's Collection (2012)
- Elmo's Sing-Along Guessing Game (1991, introduction and ending edited)
- The Best of Elmo (1994, ending edited)
- Elmo in Grouchland: Sing and Play (1999, both the original with added on-screen lyrics, and a new version with Elmo, Grizzy, and Pesties)
- Kids' Favorite Songs 2 (2001, a new version with Snuffy, Rosita, and Baby Bear)
- Sesame Street: 40 Years of Sunny Days (2009)
- Best of Friends (2012)
- The Sesame Street Songbook (1992 and 2007 editions only)