|Eine Möhre für Zwei|
|A Sesame Street co-production|
|First aired||October 23, 2010|
Eine Möhre für Zwei (A Carrot for Two) is a Sesamstrasse spin-off starring the comedy duo Wolle and Pferd, that debuted in 2010. The new 12-minute mini-series features the two characters living in a giant, yet cozy carrot-home growing in a Hamburg backyard, with a different theme for each episode. Recurring characters include Finchen, a green wolf, and a talking toilet named Günni.
The show's theme song is sung by the German singer Nena, of "99 Red Balloons" fame. The episodes are directed by the regular Sesamstrasse directors Jojo Wolff and Dirk Nabersberg. Episodes are usually available to be watched online as well, and remain so for 30 days after they air (or re-air).
The first season, consisting of 26 episodes, finished filming in July and debuted on October 23, 2010, on children's TV network KIKA. As side characters, it featured three crazy chickens. Wolke, a human friend to the duo explaining the world around them, was played by Wolke Hegenbarth, and replaced by Friederike Linke as Rike for the subsequent seasons.
A second season was produced in 2011, adding another 26 episodes to the lineup. Filming wrapped up in July, while the episodes debuted in October on KIKA, showing two episodes back to back. For the second season, the reappearing chickens were replaced by pigs. Special guests this season included Bert and Ernie.
The third season began production in February of 2012. As far as side characters go, season three features female donkey Marie, as well as a rabbit and several woodland critters such as a squirrel, a raccoon, and a woodpecker. Bert and Ernie will also make another appearance. The season debuted on October 16, 2012, airing the first 13 episodes, with the second half to follow in March of 2013 in the form of a 100-minutes long two-part TV movie, titled Das Geheimnis der Blumenfabrik.
- Carsten Morar-Haffke as Pferd
- Martin Paas as Wolle
- Andrea Bongers as Finchen
- Martin Reinl as Wolf
- Friedrich Wollweber as Günni (2010)
- Robert Missler as Günni (2011-present), extra characters
- Charlie Kaiser extra characters, right-hands
- Vince Gladziejewski extra characters, rod-hands
- Iris Schleuss extra characters
- Julian Kleibeler extra characters, rod-hands
- Travis Frost extra characters, rod-hands
- Uta Jacobi extra characters, rod-hands
- Recurring Humans
- Wolke Hegenbarth as Wolke, a good friend to Wolle and Pferd (2010)
- Friederike Linke as Rike, a good friend to Wolle and Pferd (2011-present)
Season 1 (2010)
Season 2 (2011)
- Katja v. Lier
- Nicholas Hause
- Tordis Pohl
- Marc Hotz
- Thomas Möller
- Martin Paas
- E. Bickenbach