|Written by||Christopher Cerf and Norman Stiles|
|Publisher|| Sesame Street, Inc.,|
Splotched Animal Music Company
"Do De Rubber Duck" is a reggae song sung by Ernie, who is joined by several other Muppets in the bathroom for a special dance.
In the song, Ernie is joined by Telly Monster, Oscar the Grouch, Kermit the Frog, Count von Count, Biff, Guy Smiley, Gladys the Cow, Hoots the Owl, and Elmo. Near the end of the song, Bert stands outside the bathroom door and listens in on the song.
When this song was included on the Put Down the Duckie! album, the verses by Kermit, Guy Smiley, Biff and Hoots were excluded, and the backing track was re-recorded. Other albums featured the complete version with another re-recorded backing track.
- Elmo sings only on the chorus and does not have a solo line.
- On the "Count It Higher: Great Music Videos from Sesame Street" VHS, the video has MTV-style captions that refer to "The Harder They Scrub". In addition, when showing the video in the VHS, the Count mentions that one of the singers in there was him, and there were 247,561 bubbles in Ernie's bathtub.
- Lyrics to this song were released in the original release of the "Count It Higher: Great Music Videos from Sesame Street" VHS.
- Noel MacNeal provided the puppetry for Oscar, with Caroll Spinney looping his voice later on. Likewise, Kermit was puppeteered by David Rudman, and Jim Henson later looped his lines.
- Put Down the Duckie! (1990)
- Splish Splash: Bath Time Fun (1995)
- Hot! Hot! Hot! Dance Songs (1997)
- Sesame Street Best (1997)
- Elmo's Dance Party (2012)
- Count It Higher: Great Music Videos from Sesame Street (1988)
- Shalom Sesame: Show 6: Chanukah (1990, partially dubbed in Hebrew as "Bo Barvaz Vaz")
- Sesame Street: 25 Wonderful Years (1993, as part of the Rubber Duckie medley)
- What's the Name of That Song? (2004, listed as "Do De Duck")