Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|A Fraggle Rock co-production|
|First aired||November 12, 1983|
The segments within the Muppet world of Fraggle Rock were the same as the North American version, but dubbed with German voice actors. The segments from outer space (i.e. the Doc and Sprocket and Traveling Matt segments) were changed to fit the German audience and filmed at FSM-Studios in Munich.
The German wraparounds copied the North American Doc's set and script word-for-word (except in German), whereas the UK and French co-productions were generally different. 85 of the 96 episodes were co-produced.
All of the Fraggles' voice actors reprised their roles for the German dub of the animated version of Die Fraggles.
- For a detailed list, see Die Fraggles Videography.
After a slow start during which the first half of the first season was released on DVD four times between 2008 and 2010 (slightly repackaged), the entire 85 episode run of the show was finally made commercially available for the first time on December 10, 2010.
The following eleven episodes do not exist in the German co-production:
- Episode 401: Sprocket's Big Adventure
- Episode 408: A Brush with Jealousy
- Episode 410: Red's Blue Dragon
- Episode 502: The Riddle of Rhyming Rock
- Episode 503: The Voice Inside
- Episode 504: The Trial of Cotterpin Doozer
- Episode 508: Mokey, Then and Now
- Episode 509: Ring Around the Rock
- Episode 511: The Gorg Who Would Be King
- Episode 512: The Honk of Honks
- Episode 513: Change of Address
- Doc: Hans-Helmut Dickow
- Sprocket: Steve Whitmire (for first 12 episodes only), Dave Barclay, Mike Quinn (for 6 second season episodes only), Louise Gold (the last handful of episodes)
- Sprocket (assistant): Eva Böhmke
- Uncle Traveling Matt and Gobo Fraggle (puppeteer only): Siegfried Böhmke
Character Translations and Voices
- Director: Horst Eppinger
- Set Designer: Horst Hennicke
- Production Supervisors: Martin Baker, Hermann Hinze-Selch
- Dialogue Translation/Voice Direction: Eberhard Storeck
- Editor: Hans-Dieter Radke