A series of animated inserts were produced for Sesame Street, featuring a nameless detective character, voiced by John Barilla. The segments mostly emphasized deduction and logical reasoning.
- The detective follows a path on the street which consists of a straight line, followed by dots. He finds out that the truck that paints the dividing road lines happens to sputter every few feet, which is where the dots come from.
This sketch was included in the video Computer Caper.
- The detective sees a hippo bouncing on a trampoline, and wonders how the hippo can bounce, since hippos are heavy, but the hippo thinks that he is light.
- The detective sees a lever, and thinks about what might happen if he pulls the lever, being prepared for anything.
This sketch can be viewed at Sesamestreet.org.
- The detective explains that it is a slow day for him, and on slow days he exercises so that he can be in good shape and alert, because he never knows when trouble might happen. While exercising, he is oblivious to the fact that a crook is trying to get rid of him.
This segment was included in The Sesame Street Podcast episode "exercise".
- A snake has a knot in his middle, and he can't find his end. The detective helps the snake find his end ... playing drums in a band.