Dennis the Menace is a syndicated newspaper comic strip, created by Hank Ketcham in 1951. The strip focuses on the misadventures of innocently destructive Dennis Mitchell, whose most frequent victim is cranky neighbor Mr. Wilson. The comic spawned a live-action television sitcom which ran from 1959 until 1963, two separate animated series adaptations, a 1993 theatrical film starring Walter Matthau as Mr. Wilson, and various video sequels.
- In the first season of Sesame Street, in episode 0077, the comics displayed on the Hooper's Store door include an issue of the Dennis the Menace comic book, then published by Fawcett.
- In Muppets Tonight episode 207, the opening gag features guest star Dennis Quaid costumed as Dennis the Menace. Quaid complains that due to a satellite hook-up failure, he nearly put Mr. Wilson's eye out with his slingshot.
- Tom Arnold voiced Mr. Wilson in Dennis the Menace in Cruise Control (2002)
- John Astin played a policeman in "A Quiet Evening" (1962, TV)
- Harold Gould played a tramp in "Haunted House" (1961) and Mr. Sparks in "The Three F's" (1963)
- Ron Howard played Dennis' friend Stewart in six first season TV episodes (1959-1960)
- Harvey Korman played Mr. Bowers in "Haunted House" (1961) and Mr. Griffin in "My Four Boys" (1963)
- Katie Leigh played Joey MacDonald in the 1993 animated series
- Christopher Lloyd played Switchblade Sam in the 1993 feature film
- Don Rickles played Mr. Wilson in Dennis the Menace Strikes Again! (1998)
- Arnold Stang played a photographer in the 1993 feature film
- Ben Stein played the boss in the 1993 feature film
- Lea Thompson played Alice Mitchell in the 1993 feature film
- Betty White played Mrs. Wilson in Dennis the Menace Strikes Again! (1998)
- Mary Wickes played Miss Cathcart on Dennis the Menace (TV, 1959-1962)