Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- A brief scene with Jim Henson appearing on-camera to introduce the special was cut.
- "Love Ya to Death" was shortened.
- A sketch involving a monster dentist office.
- Through the year, as the special moved from network to network, changes were made to Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas in order to accommodate time constraints. Cuts were made, but in some cases, previously deleted material was added. The "Collector's Edition" DVD (which presents the original HBO version of the special, sans the Kermit the Frog scenes) also includes among its bonus features the footage that was cut from the original HBO version of the show (but had often been seen in extended/alternate edits in subsequent television airings and home video releases). For more information on the changes made to the special throughout the years, see the complete list of edits.
- The song "Born in a Trunk" (sung by Mrs. Mink) was written for the special by Paul Williams and recorded by Marilyn Sokol, but was dropped prior to production.
- An image of a scene with Kermit the Frog, Dudley Moore, Lily Tomlin, and Animal (clad in a snorkel) was released, but such scene does not appear in the special.
- Footage of Miss Piggy with Kermit performing "Lift The One You Love" from Miss Piggy's Aerobique Exercise Workout Album was briefly shown in the opening montage of the Inner Tube pilot, but the number did not appear in the special. The scene is known to still exist in full.
- Two scenes involving Kermit reporting on the street do not appear in the final version of the special. One scene involved an appearance by the Honkers (they can briefly be seen during the first news segment, entering the frame just before it cuts away). Another scene featured Kermit talking with Elmo.
- The international "Extended Edition" DVD releases included 16 minutes of deleted scenes inserted into the specials. Among these is a scene in which Miss Piggy (accompanied by Rowlf the Dog on the piano) pitches her own version of "That's Just the Way We Roll" to the Jonas Brothers, a scene in which Piggy accidentally changes into a clown costume for her number with the Cheetah Girls, and several scenes revolving around The Swedish Chef making smoothies for Moises Arias, Jake T. Austin, Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato.
- The "Extended Edition" DVD of the special included 7-minutes of deleted scenes re-inserted into the special.
- The Muppets Stocking Stuffer Smorgasbord feature of the DVD release includes four additional deleted scenes:
- The Electric Mayhem leave the apartment house to go to their favorite holiday destination.
- Two snails run for their lives after Crazy Harry sets off an explosion.
- Another scene with the two snails trying to outrun the shrapnel from the explosion, long after the explosion is over.
- Claire finishes writing her letter, and gives it to Gonzo.