|Music by||Nos Galan (Welsh carol)|
|Lyrics by||trad. American|
"Deck the Halls" is a secular Christmas carol with 19th-century American lyrics set to a traditional Welsh tune. The cheerful song is particularly well suited to group singing, as it features a variation on the simple and memorable "fa-la-la-la-la" lyric on every other line.
The Muppets have recorded "Deck the Halls" on several occasions.
- Bob, Maria, Mr. Hooper, and David sing a chorus of "Deck the Halls" as they decorate a Christmas tree in front of 123 Sesame Street in A Special Sesame Street Christmas.
- Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Grover, Kathleen the Cow (but with Gladys' voice), Bert, Ernie, Count von Count, Herry Monster, and Guy Smiley each sing a line of the song, with the rest of the Sesame Street Muppets joining in on the "fa-la-la-la-la"s. Only Oscar the Grouch refuses to join in, exclaiming "I will not sing this song!" when it comes time for his line, "Follow me in merry measure."
- Muppet carolers sing the song in It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie.
- Beaker, The Swedish Chef, and Animal sang the song in Lady Gaga & the Muppets' Holiday Spectacular.
- Audra McDonald, Big Bird, Ernie, Bert, Elmo and others in Once Upon a Sesame Street Christmas.
- Audio (Muppet cast and John Denver version)
- A Christmas Together (1979)
- Audio (cast version)
- Merry Christmas from Sesame Street (1975)
- Sesame Street Christmas Sing-Along (1984)
- A Sesame Street Christmas (1995)
- Video (Sesame Street Muppets version)
- A Muppet Family Christmas (1987)
- A Very Muppet Christmas (1999, as "Wreck the Malls")