David Dunsterville, also credited as Dave Dunsterville, was an animatronic designer at Jim Henson's Creature Shop, focusing on the mechanical end, beginning in the late 1980s.
Dunsterville worked on Gerry Anderson's TV series Space Police, designing the alien officer Slomo. Post-Henson, he's worked in effects (often digital) for The Omen, Marvel's Thor: The Dark World and Guardians of the Galaxy, the James Bond entries Skyfall and Spectre, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Creature Shop credits
- The Jim Henson Hour
- Episode 111: Living with Dinosaurs - Creature Shop
- The Flintstones - Mechanic
- The Neverending Story III - Mechanic
- Samson and Delilah - Mechanical lion
- Lost in Space - Key animatronic designer
- Animal Farm - CAD design
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - Motion base electronics and mechanics
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - animatronic designer - Whale