David Connell (October 6, 1931 - May 5, 1995) was the original executive producer for Sesame Street and Children's Television Workshop's vice-president in charge of production. Connell, a former producer for Captain Kangaroo, played a key role in establishing the basic format of the "street" skits. He was also the principal creative force behind The Man from Alphabet, a series of live action skits starring Gary Owens which failed in child tests and were never aired on Sesame Street.
His credits include:
- Sesame Street - Executive Producer (seasons 1-3)
- Out to Lunch - Executive Producer
- The Jean Marsh Cartoon Special - Producer
- Big Bird and the ABCs - Co-writer
- Current: David Connell's talents grew with his gifts to kids, an obituary by Joan Ganz Cooney
- David D. Connell, 64, a Creator of 'Sesame Street' , New York Times obituary, published May 9, 1995.