Curious George is a monkey who headlines a series of children's books by Margret and H.A. Rey. The franchise extends into several forms of media including TV (PBS and Disney Channel), movies, and games, as well as a traveling stage show, corporate sponsorship for Welch's jelly, theme park attractions in Universal Studios, and a bookstore near Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- A Muppet Thought of the Week published on Jun 19, 2017 features Fozzie Bear attempting to quell an angry Quongo-type ape. In lieu of banana material in his comedic set, Fozzie offers a joke, "What do you call an angry ape? Furious George!" Fozzie thought he'd find the joke appealing.
- Drew Barrymore played Maggie in the 2006 film
- Ken Kaufman wrote the 2006 film
- Maria O'Meara wrote the 1999 CD-ROM Curious George Reads, Writes, & Spells for Grades 1 & 2
- Rino Romano narrated the 2006 PBS series
- Ken Scarborough wrote for the 2006 PBS series
- Dick Van Dyke played Mr. Bloomsberry in the 2006 film
- Frank Welker voiced Curious George in the 2006 PBS series