|Written by||Christopher Cerf|
|Publisher||Splotched Animal Music (BMI)|
"Count It Higher" is a Sesame Street song about the thrill of counting, performed by Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats in their debut appearance. During the song, the Alphabeats attempt to count several times, first up to three, then up to five. Finally trying once again, they count all the way up to ten.
- In the Alphabeats' first appearance, there are three backup singers instead of two, and the two members who regularly appeared look slightly different: The Lavender Alphabeat sports messy blond hair instead of a smooth brown pompadour, the Green Alphabeat has fuzzy black hair as opposed to his usual blonde hair, and they both have wide, circular eyes with no eyelids; this was the Hot Pink Alphabeat's only gig with the band. In this song, the Alphabeats are voiced by Jeff Moss, Richard Hunt, Jerry Nelson and Christopher Cerf.
- On Count It Higher: Great Music Videos from Sesame Street, the video has MTV-style captions that refer to Letters of Love and "Broken Records". In addition, it was listed as number 1 on The Count's Countdown Show, because it was The Count's favorite song. The lyrics to this song were released on a songbook in the original VHS release.
- Audio (Little Chrissy's version)
- Letters ...and Numbers, Too! (1974)
- The Count Counts (1975)
- 60 Favorite Songs from Sesame Street (1975)
- 25 Greatest Hits (1975)
- Count It Higher/Exit (single, 1976)
- Born to Add (1983, remix)
- Sesame Street Celebrates! (1994)
- Sesame Street Best (1997)
- Audio (Count von Count's version)
- Count It Higher: Great Music Videos from Sesame Street (1988)
- Shalom Sesame: Passover (1990, partially dubbed in Hebrew)
- Sesame Street: 25 Wonderful Years (1993)
- Sesame English: Make Me a Sandwich (2000, edited)
- Best of Sesame Street Spoofs! (2011)
- Numbers (computer game) (released as audio)