The pilot episode of the show had different puppet characters than the rest of the series. Each puppet resembled its final stage but had clearly been rebuit.
The TV Guide description of the first episode said: "A wacky new batch of Muppets that includes the Dirt Sisters -- two urban teens who spread the latest gossip around town -- and a group of rappin' hot dogs called Frankie Frank and the Footers highlight CityKids. The human CityKids they interact with are an ethnically diverse group of teenagers whose urban misadventures are charted. The first outing celebrates individuality and teaches a lesson in how to deal with a touchy racial situation." The Muppet cast also includes Dread, a Rastafarian philosopher who appeared with his pigeon sidekick, Bird.
The show was a co-production between Jim Henson Productions and the CityKids Foundation, a New York non-profit agency that helps young people use the performing arts to talk about issues impacting their lives. Each episode was written and produced "for kids, with kids," with members of The CityKids Foundation working as performers, creative assistants and production interns. 
At times the show will cut away to segments on Planet Koozebane to highlight the issue being dealt with in the real world. For example, a bunch of one eyed green aliens are chasing and bullying another green alien because he has two eyes.
Episode list and airdates taken from TV.com listing.
- Pilot (9/18/93)
- Becoming a Man (9/25/93)
- Get a Job (10/2/93)
- The Curse of Ali Baba (10/9/93)
- Bye, Bye Reputation (10/16/93)
- The Mural (10/23/93)
- Alterations with Attitude (10/30/93)
- Quality Time (11/13/93)
- Rooftop Thanksgiving (11/20/93)
- Pack of Lies (12/4/93)
- Love Letters on the Hudson (12/11/93)
- All My Trials (12/18/93)
- I Am Woman (1/29/94)
- Cyndi Cartagena as Angelica
- Hassan Elgendi as Snoopy/Christian
- Dulé Hill as John
- Anne Ho as Susan
- Renoly Santiago as Tito
- Diana Smith as Nikki
- Brad Stoll as David
- Audrey Ince as Frida
- Don Chastain as Mr. Lester
- Dash Mihok
- Michelle Ingkavet
- Donald Faison (performing the song "Saturday")
- David Rudman : Frankie Frank and Muppet Coordinator
- Muppets performed by Joey Mazzarino, Carmen Osbahr, Noel MacNeal, John Henson, Alison Mork, Don Reardon, Carlo Yannuzzi