Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Which came first - the chicken or the egg?" is a question regarding causality that has been debated for centuries.
- Spike Milligan grabs a chicken by the neck in The Muppet Show episode 317, and furiously asks it, "Now, who came first?! Answer!"
- Following The Swedish Chef's segment on spring chicken in The Muppet Show episode 512, Fozzie asks Kermit the seminal question. Kermit replies, "Because an angry Swede was chasing them with a cleaver!" Fozzie's confused, "That's not it. Hey wait, yours is better!"
- A chicken and egg argue over who's first (in terms of their songs being played) in Sing, Hoot & Howl with the Sesame Street Animals.
- In Episode 3243 of Sesame Street, Telly Monster receives a call from a fellow Triangle Lover asking an important question: which came first - the chicken or the triangle? "Nobody knows the answer to that one," Telly answers.
- In episode 102 of Muppets Tonight, Garth Brooks is seen chatting to a group of chickens, claiming that chickens came first in regards to the question
- Donna Erickson asks the question to the Swedish Chef in an episode of Donna's Day. He can't make up his mind, so he hosts a race around the kitchen between a chicken and an egg, where the egg comes in last.