| Talk pages are no longer used.|
Please use the Forum for discussing article changes.
I'm not sure if this has come up before, but I saw a GEICO print ad in which Maxwell (the fifth little piggy) says"If I could have dinner with anybody, who would it be? Two words for you: Miss Piggy." Should I start a Minor Advertising References page? Can anyone think of another example that would fit here? -- Peter (talk) 14:50, August 31, 2012 (UTC)
- I knew we had a page, just took me awhile to find it: Minor Commercials Mentions. There's no reason print ads shouldn't go there as well. -- Andrew Leal (talk) 21:44, September 21, 2012 (UTC)
Reference in Scooby Doo?
The following transcript is from TV.com's episode guide for "What's New Scooby-Doo?"(the "Valentines" episode:
- (Ernie & Bert are dressed in prisoner's uniforms, locked in the prison)
- Bert: How long are we here for?
- Ernie: Ten days.
- Bert: If I'd known that judge was given us the prison, I would have asked for the couch!
Obviously, it might have came from another TV show, or never happened. But, if it IS in fact from that episode, then I'd thought of putting it on its own page in "Muppet Mentions". Plus, if I remember correctly, there have been some connections with Scooby-Doo and the Muppets: Frank Welker(who did Baby Kermit in Muppet Babies), Casey Kasem(was on Sesame Street I think), and Seth Green, Rowan Atkinson and Ruben Studdard were in the live-action films. Unless, maybe the guy who posted that fact must have been making that whole thing up. MasterYoshi 13:22, 17 October 2006 (UTC)
- And poor grammar. I've checked, TV.com is the only place to mention this, with other quotes like this one, randomly scattered:
- (Miss Kitty (the purple monster), who replaces Bert, mumbles some monster jumbo.)
- Ernie: Well, that's easy for you to say!)
- The reference to Miss Kitty and the fact that this is a direct steal from a Statler and Waldorf closing seems to me to confirm that it's all in someone's head, unless you personally see the episode and can prove it was there. TV.com is even more prone to vandalism and deluded ramblings than IMDb.com, unless a specific section has a reliable "editor." In general, in fact, with the "Muppet Mentions" category, I'd urge editors not to add anything unless they've either personally seen it or can point to screengrab evidence or other proof of existence. -- Andrew Leal (talk) 13:38, 17 October 2006 (UTC)
- Well, former N'Sync member J.C.Chasez appeared in that episode and dressed up in a Scooby-Doo costume. Should that be noted?--Wile e2005 14:43, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
Death to Smoochy?
The film has two referrences to the Muppets (one is overt, referring to Sesame Street, the other is a throwaway line), and a few cast-connections (Robin Williams, Danny DeVito). That, and the entire movie is about the "dark side" of children's television, meant to spoof the entire spectrum (thus including, in some ways, Sesame and other Muppet productions). Does this qualify for an article? --Cantus Rock 16:14, 1 September 2006 (UTC)
- Thing is, as far as I can tell, the clear target of Smoochy is Barney, with any Sesame parallels as sidelights. So no, not a solo article in my opinion. But if you can accurately transcribe the line references, go ahead and add it to this page. -- Andrew Leal (talk) 16:16, 1 September 2006 (UTC)
- Which page do you mean? This talk page? --Cantus Rock 16:44, 1 September 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks. Is that the proper place for all the cast-connections too? The more I look, the more connections I'm finding (4 so far).. --Cantus Rock 16:55, 1 September 2006 (UTC)
Definition of Muppet Mentions category
Muppet Mentions articles should fit into one of the following categories:
- A series with repeated Muppet mentions as a recurring motif (ex: Mystery Science Theater 3000)
- A series with an extended Muppet spoof, preferably one that can be illustrated with screengrabs (ex: Robot Chicken)
- A notable film with a Muppet reference, especially if it includes footage (ex: E.T. - The Extra Terrestrial, Rocky III)
- Comic strips and comic books, with illustrations on the article page (ex: Mother Goose and Grimm)
- Any production to reference Muppets which already falls into either References or Appearances (ex: The Daily Show)
The following types of Muppet Mentions should be avoided, and pages of this type may be deleted:
- Single throwaway lines uttered once on a TV show
- Single throwaway lines of a movie with no other Muppet connection or visual Muppet reference
- Comic strips or comic books with no illustrations on the article page, and only vague descriptions
- Any TV show page where a reference is mentioned, but episode titles and general details are unknown
- Vague references to "Muppet-like" characters that are not clearly intended as Muppet spoofs
Muppet Mentions on Friends
The Muppet mention I remember best is in Season Two of Friends when Joey gets his own place and invites his friends over. While looking around Rachel picks up a pillow made of 4 inch red fur and asks. "Is this genuine Muppet skin?" I double checked the quote at Friends Transcripts. Nick (talk) 18:18, July 17, 2006 (UTC)
I remember seeing a Muppet Babies spoof on a Simpsons comic once. If I post the reference, should it go into "The Simpsons" or "Simpsons Comics"? Also, there is a scene in the live-action Scooby-Doo movie that takes place in the Spooky Island hotel, where monsters run amok and a punk version of a song from "Labyrinth" is heard in the background(it was "Magic Dance"). MasterYoshi 13:15, 5 April 2006 (UTC)
- I think you should make a "Simpsons Comics" page, and then put a "See Also" link from The Simpsons to Simpsons Comics. -- Danny Toughpigs 13:21, 5 April 2006 (UTC)
- There was mentions on the show "Friends" -- _Muppetpro
Creature Shop Mentions
While we're on the subject of Muppet Mentions, I was thinking of putting up a category for Creature Shop Mentions. I read on the Muppet Central forum that there was a Dark Crystal reference in one episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, and there's the Labyrinth song in the Scooby-Doo movie. I'll post it as soon as possible. MasterYoshi 12:23, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
There was mentions on the Friends _Muppetpro